Did you know that you can fight inflammation in your body with food? According to Harvard Health, your immune system becomes activated when your body recognizes anything that is foreign. Your body then triggers a process called inflammation. Intermittent attacks of inflammation are the body’s immune system springing into action to protect your health. However, sometimes inflammation becomes a constant state, even when a foreign invader does not threaten you.
That’s when inflammation can become your enemy. Many major diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, depression, and Alzheimer’s, have been linked to chronic inflammation.
Foods that cause inflammation:
Try and limit or avoid these foods to help your body fight inflammation naturally.
- Refined sugars, like white bread, bakery goods, and cereal.
- Fried foods, french fries, fish, and chicken
- Soft drinks and soda, and other sugar sweetened drinks.
- Processed meats, like hot dogs and deli meat.
- Red meat, like hamburger.
It’s not surprising that the foods that cause inflammation are also foods that are considered bad for your health.
Foods you want to eat that fight inflammation are:
- Nuts, like walnuts and almonds
- Good quality Olive Oil
- Leafy greens, like kale and spinach
- Fatty fish, like wild salmon and tuna.
- Fresh fruits like blueberries and pineapple.
When you eat a diet full of anti-inflammatory foods, not only can the symptoms of inflammation be alleviated, but we could even see them cured.