Fall is in the air, and there is nothing better than taking advantage of the cooler temperatures than an outdoor workout!
Grab Your Jump Rope
So Grab your jump rope, yes I said jump rope and get jumping. The health benefits of jumping rope are great. Plus, it’s inexpensive, and you can take it anywhere. Here are seven reason why jumping rope is my go-to exercise.
- Jumping rope improves your coordination.
- Decreases your risk of foot and ankle injuries.
- Burns MAJOR calories! Jumping rope burns more than ten calories a minute while strengthening your legs, butt, shoulders, and arms.
- Did I mention it strengthens your legs, butt, shoulders, and arms!
- Improves your heart health.
- Increase your bone density.
- Helps you remain calm all day long.
Start out slow, but try and add jumping rope to your regular fitness routine. Here are a few examples of how I incorporate it into my workouts.
2 Minutes of Jumping Rope
20 Squats, 20 Sit Ups, 10 Push Ups
300 skips on the jump rope.
20 Lunges, 1 Minute Plank, 10 Tricep Dips
250 skips on the jump rope.
20 Pile Squats, 40 Bicycle Crunches, 10 Plank to Bridge Push Up’s
200 skips on the jump rope.
20 Walking Lunges, 40 Russian Twist, 10 Tricep Dips
150 skips on the jump rope.
20 Squat Jumps, 40 Mountain Climbers, 20 Alternating Shoulder Taps
100 skips on the jump rope.
This workout would give you over 1000 skips!
Another way to get your skips in is to bring your rope with you on a walk. Every quarter of a mile jump for 200 skips. By adding the jump rope to your your walk, you’ll burn more calories and get a full body workout!
Need to purchase a rope? Here are my favorites.
If i’ve inspired you to get jumping here are two of my favorite ropes. The first is a speed rope which I would recommend for advanced jumpers, and the second is a vinyl rope from Power Systems. This is a great rope for all levels, plus you can order it in different lengths.