Is your hair thinning? Many of us think that men are the only ones who suffer from thinning or balding hair. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and women can also experience hair thinning too. There are many reasons why some experience hair thinning and loss, some fixes are easy, and other cases may be more tricky and complicated. Learn more about the common causes of hair loss and products that may slow down the thinning process.
Some Common Causes of Hair Loss
- Pregnancy. It’s not uncommon to suffer from hair loss during pregnancy. Moreover, some women suffer hair loss after you’ve given birth is the time some women experience hair loss. This is because giving birth is stressful on your body. The good news is that if you’ve suffered hair loss due to pregnancy, most of the time it will grow back.
- Physical Stress, from illness, accidents, and injuries.
- Lack of protein in your diet. According to the Academy of Dermatology, your body may ration protein by shutting down hair growth. If you’re not getting enough protein in your diet hair loss may happen two or three months after a reduction of protein.
- Hormones. Another way hormones wreak havoc on our bodies. Hair loss can be a result of switching birth control pills and a result of the hormonal imbalance during menopause.
- Emotional stress. Not surprising, stress in any form is not our friend and is harmful to our health and bodies. Be mindful of your stress level when you’re emotionally challenged and tested. This is the time in our lives when self-care is a must.
- Aging. The golden years sometimes don’t seem so golden. Hair loss is not uncommon in your 50’s and 60’s as a result of the aging process.
There are some products on the market to slow down thinning hair. You can always try one of the over the counter products to see if they help slow down your thinning hair.
Products to Slow Thinning Hair