I have been reading about the health benefits of drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon squeezed in for years. Recently, my daughter has been begging me to try. So as 2019 begins, I couldn’t think of a better time to try.
For the few months, I’ve been starting my day with a glass of warm water with a half of a freshly squeezed lemon. The hardest part is not eating or drinking anything for 20 minutes after I’ve had the glass of lemon water. I love a cup of black coffee the minute I wake up. But, I’ve been able to manage by rearranging my morning routine around to remove my temptations.
The health benefits of drinking lemon water include the following.
- Aids in Digestion and Detoxification. According to Dr. Axe, drinking lemon water can also help keep you hydrated to promote regularity, make you feel less bloated, relieve constipation and allow your body to detoxify naturally.
- Keeps Skin Glowing. Lemons are high in Vitamin C. Regular consumption of Vitamin C can help you have younger looking skin and less wrinkles.
- Promotes Weight Loss. Starting the day off with a glass of water helps you stay hydrated. Proper hydration is crucial in weight loss.
- Boosts Energy and Mood
- Enhances Immunity. Lemons are loaded in Vitamin C.
I’ve been drinking warm lemon water the first thing in the morning for about a month or two. I can tell a big difference in my digestion and gut health. The most significant benefit I’ve received is I feel less bloated. I have to admit that I’ve become addicted to drinking this every morning. In the beginning, I wouldn’t skip the lemon water and drink my coffee. However, I was just on vacation for a week and didn’t start my day off with my lemon water and could tell the difference in how I felt. In the week that I skipped, I realized that my lemon water was genuinely the golden ticket in helping me feel less bloated.
- 16 Ounce of Warm Water
- 1 Half of a Freshly Squeezed Lemon
That’s it. It is so simple, and I think you’ll enjoy the health benefits.
Try drinking glass for yourself. It’s super easy and inexpensive. Also, I use this metal lemon squeezer I ordered off of Amazon. As I mentioned, it’s easy to use and clean, but most importantly it squeezes out all the juice from the lemon.